Monday, February 4, 2013

Anne Hathaway: "I Needed to Look Like I was Dying" for Les Mis


I'm grateful to see a story where an actress and actor are honest about their weight loss for a film (A film I have yet to actually see...)! They both talk about how it was miserable and unhealthy to lose weight the way they did and do not encourage it for others. I'm happy to see they are both looking healthy and happy after filming as well.

Check out Hugh Jackman & Anne Hathaway as they discuss preparing for their roles.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20981459


"I was an actor and I had to do a role and I find it kinda weird the way the media can glamorise this sort of thing.
"I didn't lose the weight to look attractive," added the Oscar and Bafta nominated star.
"I needed to look like I was dying and I worry that all that attention adds up to an unhealthy way."
There have been widely varying rumours as to how little Hathaway ate to portray the tragic character of Fantine. But when asked to clear those up, she said: 
"You know I appreciate the question, I don't want to answer it because I think that I was on a starvation diet to look like I was near death in a film and I don't want anyone to feel like,'Oh I just want to drop like a couple of pounds.'


No comments: